If you want to download WhatsApp on PC, then you’ll love this post. It’s been just 3 years since the WhatsApp launched and it already has more than 700 million users. The users have been demanding the desktop version of WhatsApp for quite some time, and finally you can officially (launched on 21st January 2015) download WhatsApp for PC.
WhatsApp is available for all mobile the operating systems and desktop operating systems.
Note: There are 3 different methods to get Whatsapp for PC. First, Using Bluestacks. Second is using another android emulator YouWave and Third is using official website https://web.whatsapp.com.
WhatsApp at a Glance
I’m gonna take a wild guess and say that you love Whatsapp. It’s not improbable; 700 million people use it! No other app has taken over the people like Whatsapp. Even Facebook took 12 years to get a tag of a moderately essential website. Whatsapp has achieved a greater feat in 3 years! And who can blame the users? The app is, even if guessing conservatively, the easiest to use. It syncs seamlessly with any smartphone Operating System, even obscure ones like Tile or Symbian. It doesn’t cost a fortune. And chances are, the person you want to talk to already has Whatsapp enabled on their phone.
An easy gauge of the popularity of Whatsapp is the fact that Facebook purchased this giant for 19 billion US dollars! New features keep rolling out too, with Whatsapp calls that are placed over the internet and not your SIM card’s balance being the latest. The emojis got an upgrade recently too; they’re now more racially diverse, to be inclusive of more people and more expressive than many other emoji keyboards.
Whatsapp has a long list of features. They are best enlisted, because writing on them individually can make for a very long article.
- Whatsapp doesn’t bug you with ads.
- Since Whatsapp works through your mobile phone number, you need not remember complex usernames and passwords, which is a blessing if all the easy usernames are taken. No more Garg_Rahul_3372, your unique phone number is all you need.
- Your 2G internet is all it’ll ever need to run Whatsapp! Though 3G is a quick alternative when your friend sends you an 11 MB video, 2G is fast enough to load bundles over bundles of texts from friends and group conversations.
- You can send all sorts of information, apart from texts and media. Send contacts, YouTube links, and locations. All in the same conversation!
- Whatsapp shows a contact list of people who have Whatsapp installed. You won’t end up typing a message to someone only to get a prompt that asks you to invite them to Whatsapp to view the message.
- You can see who’s online by opening their contact. You can see when someone’s typing something, both in an active private conversation or in a group. You can even see who is recording the audio message.
- Lock screen notifications from Whatsapp are probably the best among messaging apps.
- The camera is perfect for selfies!
- The interface is lovely. The wallpaper is sweet and customisable.
Download WhatsApp for PC – Windows Version
Whatsapp is an app that might as well be considered essential for your phone. Sadly, there can be times when your phone doesn’t accommodate Whatsapp. The sad thing is that the messages take a lot of space in your phone and some phones may get finicky with that sort of load on the internal memory. But not to worry! You can install Whatsapp in your Windows PC and have the same fun with it without taxing your phone. The interface of the web version of WhatsApp is really cool and you’ll love texting using WhatsApp for pc.
Note: If you are looking to Download Whatsapp for Windows 10, then the procedure is same as windows 7,8 and Xp. Scroll to bottom to get the link to download whatsapp on pc.
Even though Whatsapp doesn’t come for Windows PCs, we can still run it on one, thanks to Andorid Emulators. No, they aren’t killer robots, as the name may make them sound like. Android emulators are nifty little applications that run an Android interface window in your Mac or Windows system so you may run your favourite Android application on them. So, here’s how to run Whatsapp on your Windows PC.
- Download Bluestacks.
- Bluestacks is a popular Android Emulator, with (arguably) the easiest interface and best performance. You can opt for other emulators, like Manymo, Andy or the like. You can get BlueStacks at www.bluestacks.com.
- Install And Run BlueStacks.
Once you run, it’ll ask you to register using a gmail address. This cannot be skipped, and you cannot use any other mailing service’s address either. This step is essential because it allows you to access Google’s very own Play Store which houses all those awesome Android apps. You cannot download any app from the Play Store without signing in using a gmail account.
- Search for Whatsapp and install
Whatsapp is available in the search menu. Once you search for Whatsapp, it’ll take you to the Play Store window with the App open, ready for download. Download, register and enjoy!
Download Whatsapp Messenger for Mac
You can follow the same set of instructions to download Whatsapp for Mac.
- Download BlueStacks or similar Emulator.
- Install and Sign in using a gmail account.
- Look up Whatsapp and install.
Whatsapp on any web browser
Whatsapp recently introduced the Whatsapp Web feature. You can run Whatsapp on your PC’s web browser. It has limited functionality, since both your phone and PC need to be connected to the net for the feature to work, but it is great for when your phone is in another room and you want to check those messages without leaving what you’re doing on your PC.
If you have a Windows PC, Go to web.whatsapp.com. In your phone, go to the settings by pressing the menu hotkey. Choose “Whatsapp Web”. A QR code will be open on your PC screen. Scan that QR code with your phone’s scanning feature, which will be active after you chose Whatsapp Web. In a matter of seconds, your messages will be syncing to your PC live.
If you have a Macbook, the steps are a tad complex. You need to download “WhatsMac” (from this GitHub page: https://github.com/stonesam92/ChitChat/releases/tag/v1.0.0). Unzip the contents and move them to your Applications folder. Allow your device to run apps from unknown developers, if you haven’t already. Run the app and the QR code will load. If you have an Android Phone, you can go ahead and follow the steps for Windows PC. If however you have an iPhone, you can’t go any further without ruining your convenience. It’s best that you run Whatsapp via Bluestacks.
Alternatives of Whatsapp:
You can download other nifty applications like Kik or Viber on your smartphone. Other apps include the trusty Skype, Telegram and KakaoTalk. All of these messengers can be made to run on your PC or Mac using Android emulators too. With varied features, you’re sure to have a fun time choosing the one you give your heart to.
The Final Verdict?
Whatsapp for PC is a great way to chat and communicate with your friends, family and peers. The trusted Whatsapp service could not have outdone itself. It is more than convenient to be able to check messages on the PC screen, without having to fish out your smartphone. It could have been better in the aspect that your phone needs to be connected to the internet too. That way, you could still talk to your friends through your laptop when your phone wasn’t available. You can’t always get what you want, I guess.
Here are the important links to download WhatsApp for your devices